How to Contribute¶
isbntools has a very small code base, so it is a good project to begin your
adventure in open-source… and it is an app, a lib and a framework at the same
time, so you will find plenty of opportunities to contribute.
- Make sure you have a GitHub account
- Submit a ticket for your issue or idea, on GitHub issues (if possible wait for some feedback before any serious commitment… :)
- Fork the repository on GitHub
pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
- Do your code… (remember the code must run on python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, pypy
and be OS independent) (you will find
travis-ci.orgvery handy for this!)
- Write tests for your code using
noseand put then in the directory
- Pass all tests and with coverage > 90%. Check the coverage in Coveralls.
- Check if all requirements are fulfilled!
- Make a pull request on github…